Sunday, October 7, 2012

TV Personalities "Rumble"

I have seen - on some of your MLS 590 blogs - talk about the Stewart/O'Reilley debate that happened over the weekend. I personally did not watch the debate, but in a couple articles I read that underneath the humor involved, the two ideologically opposite personalities touched on some real issues. Apparently the two men have maintained fairly consistent communication for several years, appearing on each other's shows a number of times to discuss current events and politics. Did anyone watch the debate? What did you think? Is the type of relationship these two men have one that exemplifies how people with different ideas should interact? 

I'm genuinely curious to see what people thought about the "Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium". Do you think they were doing it to convey their ideas to the nation, or just for entertainment? Was it good or bad for viewers to see?


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the debate. Although I only half-heartedly follow their shows on a regular basis, I liked that they both made relevant points and actually seemed to project opinions about topics(even if they were poking fun or using humor). I found myself analyzing which person presented better view on topics, where watching the Presidential Debate, I feel myself doing the ridiculous thing of watching for irrelevant things such as articulation, posture, and any small mis-step that will personally knock the candidate down a notch more than paying attention to their stance on issues and their responses to topics.

    ReplyDelete